Malishka Photography style and approach

So now you know that I am Kasia and I represent Malishka Photography as an Edinburgh-based wedding photographer. My wedding photography style is creative reportage wedding photography or documentary wedding photography.

What does that mean?!

To me weddings are flows of energy, filled with love, emotions and lots of fun. That is why I like to let things happen, so I can focus on creating real images of your wedding day. I want to give you the photographs that you will cherish forever! The real, honest photos of your wedding day that are meaningful to you!  That is alos why I want you to be yourselves, so I can record the day that represents the two of you and your loved ones.

I like the natural way of things happening. I just want to capture all that fantastic emotions, good vibes, dancing fun, so your memories can stay alive in your photographs.

 I love images that show your relationships with your loved ones, families and friends on a very special day of your life. I capture weddings in the way that is unique to every couple I photograph.  Since  no two weddings are ever the same.

I would say that I have developed an unique photojournalistic eye for telling wedding stories. My style has origins from street photography and travel photography. Both have directly influenced my approach to wedding photography. I always look for images with great light and interesting composition.

In my photographs I want to reveal the real feelings and emotions from your wedding day, not only how everyone looked that day but also how you felt that special day, so years after by looking at your wedding photos you can travel in time and be reminded of the feelings from that day.

I shoot 95% in a photojournalistic, unscripted style so you and your guests can fully enjoy the celebrations. The other 5% is for your portraits and family group shots. My goal is to take amazing portraits of the two of you!  And don’t worry, if you think you may feel a bit awkward or uneasy in front of the camera. There is always a way to overcome it.

I work quietly and I am not bossy, so people may hardly notice that I am there.

I like to arrange a time for us to talk about your wedding plans or meet in person.
If you are looking for creative, relaxed and unposed wedding photography that will show yourselves and your loved ones in your real and unique way, just get in touch!